INSTRUCTIONS FOR INTERNSHIP APPLICANTS
UN Turkey Internship Programme
The UN TURKEY Internship Programme offers a small group of outstanding graduate-level students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UN Turkey work. It is designed to provide a compact understanding of UN’s activities with practical experience in the various aspects of project management in an international work environment.
Assignments may vary in length according to the availability and academic requirements of the intern, as well as the needs of UN Turkey. Assignments are normally for one month and available throughout the year. Priority will be given to the Turkish nationals.
The following minimum qualifications are required:
- Enrollment in a graduate-level degree programme
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Applications, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent interactive skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
The Internship Programme operates on a non-salaried basis. The subsistence and travel costs connected with the internship programme must be borne by the nominating institution or by the applicant. All travel and accommodation arrangements will have to be undertaken by the applicant.
UN accepts no responsibility for costs or fatality arising from illness or accidents incurred during the internship. Therefore, the applicant must carry adequate and regular medical and life insurance.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
- Please review carefully the criteria for internships, which are outlined above. UN Turkey strictly adheres to these criteria.
- Internship applications should be forwarded directly to the related UN agency. Please use the links above to access the web site of the UN Agengy you would like to mail your application.